Five Hour Pickles in Ziploc Bag
I love dill pickles they are crunchy, they are tasty and they are salty. I always thought that to make pickles at home takes a lot of time and work until I found this very handy recipe where you can have fresh crunchy lightly salted pickles within 5 hours. What do you need? Just pickles, salt, one gallon Ziploc bag and your favorite spices.
• About 2-2-1/2 pounds of small size cucumbers
• 1 tablespoon of coarse kosher salt
• 1 tablespoon of dry basil or dill
• 3-4 Bay leaves
• 3-4 cloves
• 1/4 teaspoon of peppercorns to add some spice you can add one chilli pepper
• 5-6 garlic cloves sliced or chopped
Wash cucumbers and trim the ends.
Combine salt, garlic, basil, cloves, peppercorns, and Bay leaves. Place cucumbers into Ziploc bag pour spices on top and shake it letting the spices cover cucumbers evenly.
Leave this bag at room temperature for about 4 hours then refrigerate for another hour and pickles are done! Enjoy!